Capitol Museum Services (CMS), a Division of Capitol Exhibit Services, Inc. is among the nation’s leading full service designers and fabricators of Museum Exhibits. CMS offers proficiency and exceptional customer service in all areas from initial concept design to fabrication, delivery, installation, on-site management and long-term storage. Our experienced team of designers, craftsman, project managers, and service personnel ensure a high-quality, durable display delivered on-time and on-budget.
General Job Description:
Energetic, organized and industry experienced Project Manager required to help manage very active museum accounts for Manassas, VA based full-service exhibit company. Position requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking and a positive attitude.
Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of CMS museum accounts to ensure successful project completion. Specific job responsibilities include:
• Working as a team with the Account Executives (salesperson) and in-house departments to oversee and manage all aspects of our clients needs including: detailed construction drawings, fabrication of new exhibit components, design & production of graphics, shipping and installation. Experience managing a wide variety of subcontractors is a plus. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are a requirement.
• PM will be responsible for initiating all jobs into production with each department; managing each project through all phases of design/production, managing subcontractors, generate all activity reports (as required by individual clients), prepare quotations, final billing and job cost reconciliation to close out projects.
• PM responsible for managing budget on a daily basis. Ability to work overtime to meet deadlines is expected and required for this position.
• PM responsible for day-to-day client liaison/interaction. Must be personable, highly responsive, and able to react quickly to changing client needs. Requires problem-solving abilities and good communication skills. Attention to detail and organization is a MUST for this position.
• During installation of our museum projects, PM will be expected to: travel to museum sites to check progress and finalize punch list items.
• Must be able to work with a diverse group of in-house individuals (sales, design, and production) and react positively to project demands, deadlines and problems with the utmost professionalism.
• 5 years prior museum exhibit project management experience required.